Keeping a healthy lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle is important for any person with cancer. This includes:
- eating well
- remaining active through play and simple exercise
- getting enough rest and sleep
- getting some exercise.
During cancer treatment, it is not possible for your child to manage all of these. You can talk to your child’s healthcare team about these issues when you need to.
The Paediatric Integrated Cancer Service has really good information about many of these everyday issues, including about:
- mouth and dental care
- fatigue and sleep
- dealing with other illnesses
- being sun smart when going out in the sun
- being smart on social media.