Many conditions can cause the symptoms below, not just cancer. If your child has any of these symptoms and you are worried, talk to your child’s doctor. The earlier cancer is found, the better.
Symptoms of melanoma may include:
- a new spot on the skin, or a spot that is changing in size, shape or colour
- a mole that
- changes size, shape or colour
- is more than one colour
- has irregular edges or is not symmetrical
- is itchy, bleeding or oozing
- new moles that grow near other moles
- a sore that does not heal
- spread of pigment from a spot into the surrounding skin.
- change in skin colour.