Symptoms of osteosarcoma may include:
- pain or swelling over a bone or joint
- bone or joint pain that:
- lasts for weeks
- wakes you from sleep
- stops you from doing activities you usually enjoy like sports or work
- a bone that breaks for no reason.
Symptoms of Ewing tumours in bone may include:
- pain or swelling, usually in the arms, legs, chest, back or hips; pain may be worse at night
- a lump that might feel soft and warm, often in the arms, legs, chest or hips
- a bone that breaks for no reason
- weight loss.
Many conditions can cause the symptoms above, not just cancer. If your child has any of these symptoms and you are worried, talk to your child’s doctor. The earlier cancer is found, the better.