Symptoms of osteosarcoma may include:
- pain or swelling over a bone or joint
- a bone that breaks for no reason.
Symptoms of Ewing tumours in bone may include:
- pain or swelling, usually in the arms, legs, chest, back or hips; pain may be worse at night
- a lump that might feel soft and warm, often in the arms, legs, chest or hips
- a bone that breaks for no reason
- weight loss.
Note about symptoms
Many conditions – including common childhood infections – can cause these symptoms, not just bone tumours. If your child has any of these symptoms and you are concerned, talk to your child’s doctor.