A number of international organisations provide consumer information about children’s cancers:
- The National Cancer Institute (United States) has detailed information about a range of childhood cancers and their treatment. It also has resources on clinical trials, supportive care and coping with cancer.
- The American Cancer Society also has comprehensive resources on a wide range of cancers.
- St Jude Children’s Research Hospital in the United States has information for patients, caregivers and survivors.
- The American Brain Tumor Association has information about brain tumour diagnosis, treatment and care.
- Cancer Research UK has information about different types of childhood cancers.
- The Children’s Oncology Group runs clinical trials around the world, and has information for families about medical issues, coping with cancer and research.
Note that information from other countries may not always be relevant for Australian patients.